Friday 14 June 2013

I love hexagons!

Who knew hexagons were so easy and fun? 


 And the endless possibilities of colour and pattern are, well, endless! I picked up a plastic hexagon from the shape box at school one day, found a scrap of fabric, needle and thread and I was away.


  Not sure what I'm going to do with my hexi flowers yet, but inspiration will strike. Each one is so pretty in its own right.

The only thing is I've found I haven't used my hand stitching muscles in a long time, been getting a sore arm and tingly fingers. 
 
In other news, my step quilt is basted and I've started quilting in the white zigzags, quite dense stippling, and I think I'll do a single wavy meandering trail through the middle of each coloured zig zag, just to anchor the layers together. Photos to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment