Friday 26 July 2013

Finished it Friday

Well this is a life finish, not a sewing finish. I said goodbye to my school, my colleagues, the kids - with a tear in my eye and a smile on my face. I'm sad to leave, and excited to move on too. I guess all endings are also beginnings.

One souvenir coming with me is a quilt! We had about 10 of these, made years ago by students, hanging in the school hall. Sadly they are all going to be taken down, so I picked a favourite to rescue. I don't know who made each square, but they are done in fabric crayon, hand quilted by the kids- its really lovely.
 This is a favourite block:


And this was what I found on the back- who knew all these lovely prints were hiding there all these years?!
I

I also gave the retirement quilt to its recipient- she loved it, and it was so admired by another dear friend, I went home that evening and finished up the courthouse steps panel into a mini quilt for her. 

So now it is finally my summer holiday. Can't wait to get a bit of real sewing done in the next few weeks- hooray! 


 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad this quilt is being rescued and treasured. It is such a sweet quilt and so much work went into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you rescued this quilt. It is really special! I hope you enjoy your summer holiday
    Visiting from Crazy Mom Quilts
    jan@sewandsowfarm

    ReplyDelete