Thursday 22 August 2013

Quilting in Mallorca!

This is a little post, just showing a tiny bit of a WIP- but really it's about the backdrop to the patchwork! Had a great week in beautiful Mallorca, and in between the beach and pool, and fun with friends and family I got a little bit of hand work done. I also put my new sewing kit to good use.
I thread basted hexagons...Photographed them in an orange tree..


 

And managed to finish just one hexagon flower ! 

I think it looks pretty next to the Bouganvillea! 

Final pic of a tired boy, full of holiday sunshine, but glad to be home again!


 I'm going to link up to Needle and Thread Thursday, even though it's a tiny offering compared to all the lovely big quilts out there! http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/needle-and-thread-thursday-and-scraps.html?m=0

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Funny...I did hexie flowers on my holiday this summer too! It's great to have portable sewing, isn't it? Yours looks great, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hexies, and your pictures are so beautiful! Taking sewing along on a vacation sounds heavenly to me too!

    Thanks for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete