Wednesday 9 July 2014

An English country garden

I am sending a little snippet of my English (city) garden to China, tucked away inside this little Hexie flower. 
A friend from Shanghai has been staying with me, and I made her a little lavender bag with lavender from my garden. I used the free paper pieces from Love Patchwork and Quilting  magazine- 1 inch- I love them. So cute, so quick. 

Other projects just inching along at a snail's pace are my mini quilts, tops completed, (to give away) and two matching blocks that I'm going to put into a sampler quilt for me.

Summer holidays are close enough to see now... Lovely sewing time awaits!

10 comments:

  1. Your blocks looks good!! Nice color pull!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blocks! And the little hexie scent bag is so cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the colours in those blocks at the bottom! Delicious!! And hooray for holiday sewing time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Looks like a plate of summer berries - beautiful fabric choices! Great blocks too - love how sharp your points are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea - I'm always amazed when points come out so nicely!!

      Delete
  5. Oh I love the sampler. Those purple stars are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blocks! Great patterns and fabulous fabric choices. What great projects!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty sachet and beautiful color sampler blocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely colors on your mini! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty creations! Love the coloful sampler project!

    ReplyDelete